Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Blue Mountains pt. 1

I went up to the 'Blue Mountains' with my friend Kathy that I met on my flight down here. The Blue Mountains are supposed to be one of the most beautiful places in Australia, so we decided to go check it out for ourselves!! And I must say that it was amazing!! I've uploaded some photos below, but they do not give it justice for how magnificent these surroundings were!!

A little history of the mountains: They are located about 50km outside of Sydney (it took about 2 hours by train), it consists of 7 national parks (its HUGE), its filled with gorges and waterfalls and tons of eucalyptus trees. The reason this area is called the Blue Mountains is because of the eucalyptus trees giving off a 'blue' mist that lingers in the air.


One of the MANY waterfalls we saw.

That is hanging way too high in the air, by a very small rope.... definitely did not sign up to do that!



No comments: