Thursday, April 10, 2008

Arrived Safely

Hey All,

Kel and I got into NZ last night and met our host family - Fiona and Sam. They are very sweet and fun people so we're looking forward to living with them! The one trouble we are having is that they speak so quickly and have very thick accents so it takes Kel and I a little while to catch on to what they are saying!

A few things I was asked about before I left:
So far the toilet doesn't flush in the opposite direction... it actually flushes straight down. Not sure if it is just the toilet at this house, so I'll update as I travel through the country and experience more toilets.

My dad asked what the country smells like.... Kel said she got a 'baking smell' not quite like pancakes but flour and water smell. And I think it smells fresh and like the ocean water. So there ya go dad, thats what we came up with!!

Today kel and I are going to take the bus into Wellington and explore a little -- its currently 7:30am and we're a little warped from the time change but it should work in my favor since I'll need to be at school around 8am next week!!

Thats all for now. I'll let you know how our first weekend in Wellington goes!!
Molly

No comments: