Friday, April 11, 2008

NZ vs America

I'm going to make a list of differences between New Zealand and America. This way I can remember all the strange things when I get back home and my memory fails me : )

  • Cold water is on the left side and hot is on the right
  • There are two BUTTONS to press on the toilet - one is a half flush while the other is a full flush (saving water)
  • "Tea time" is dinner time
  • They drive on the other side of the road
  • The drivers seat is on the other side
  • They eat 'whetbix' for breakfast... which Kelly likes and I don't
  • Vegemite is a big thing down here which is a yeast extract-peanut butter consistencey and smells rancide so we haven't tried it yet.
  • The mail men down here drive on the sidewalk on motorcycles
  • There is no 'taking a shower' its having a shower
  • Ice Box is the freezer
  • Lemonade = sprite
  • Trolley is a shopping cart

No comments: